Zen Medicinals is south Scottsdale’s premier holistic healthcare clinic. We are newly located at beautiful Plaza Codorniz, in Old Town Scottsdale. with easy access to residents from Tempe, Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Mesa, Arizona. Our clinic provides acupuncture, medical massage, energy healing, herbal medicine, and nutritional counseling to people of all walks of life and with all manner of health issues. Our Scottsdale acupuncturist, Muki Ramsey, L.Ac., Dipl. O.M., offers a unique and personal approach to healing that has had a profoundly positive effect on the lives of his patients. Our massage therapist, Brandie Baier, LMT, is a true expert in deep tissue massage. You can also read more about our practitioners and their credentials on the Bio Page.
We’re very happy to announce that we’ve moved our clinic!
Our new address:
4300 N Miller Rd, Suite 213
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
We are in a lovely office complex called Plaza Codorniz, located just north of Indian School Rd on Miller Rd, on the west side of the street. You’ll see a fountain out front.
The trickiest part of finding us is locating our suite. Just park in the front of the building by the fountains, then head into the main entrance and walk to the middle of the complex. On your right you will see a drinking fountain, an elevator, and then some stairs. Take the stairs (or elevator) up and turn right, then take your next right, and go through the door – our clinic will be on your right.
As Featured On Local TV Channel 15!
Click on this link to see a video of a local TV show that featured Muki Ramsey, L.Ac., explaining the benefits of acupuncture. A star is born!
Finally, Someone Who Will Listen
Your primary care physician is stuck between a rock and hard place. The administrative costs of insurance companies and medicare are so high (and payouts so low) that they have to see twenty patients a day just to break even. As a result, they really can’t afford to spend more than ten minutes talking with a patient; often it’s much less. (Sometimes, you never really talk to the doctor at all!) This leaves many patients feeling frustrated– doesn’t your health deserve more than just a few minutes of discussion? What about alternative options, such as lifestyle changes, traditional medicine, or natural supplements? Again, very few physicians have the time to study these alternatives, let alone explain them to you. That’s where Zen Medicinals comes in. Muki and Ashlee are experts at acupuncture, natural remedies, and holistic healing. They both set aside a full hour during your initial visit just to hear what you have to say, ask you questions, and make sure that all of your health concerns have been addressed. Follow-ups always include a twenty minute discussion, so that the conversation and coaching can continue as needed. If you like, Muki and Ashlee will even take time to discuss their findings with your doctor to give them a holistic perspective on your health, so that they can understand your condition in a new way. This is what Zen Medicinals is all about– bridging the gap between conventional and traditional medicine. The result is a happier, healthier you.
Safe, Natural, And Effective
At Zen Medicinals, we use only safe treatment methods such as acupuncture, herbal medicine, and nutriceuticals to resolve health problems at their source, not just address symptoms of the underlying disorder. Check out what Muki’s patients from Scottsdale, Tempe, and Mesa are saying about how their healing methods have profoundly improved their lives at our Testimonials page.
Acupuncture is part of an ancient treatment system that is used by more people than any other natural medicine in the world, and there’s a reason for that– it works! That’s why the World Health Association (WHO) states that acupuncture has been “proved through controlled trials to be an effective treatment” for the following symptoms or conditions:
- A | Adverse reactions to radiotherapy and/or chemotherapy | Allergic rhinitis (including hay fever)
- B | Biliary colic
- D | Depression (including depressive neurosis and depression following stroke) | Dysentery, acute bacillary | Dysmenorrhoea, primary
- E | Epigastralgia, acute (in peptic ulcer, acute and chronic gastritis, and gastrospasm)
- F | Facial pain (including craniomandibular disorders)
- H | Headache | Hypertension, essential | Hypotension, primary
- I | Induction of labour
- K | Knee pain
- L | Leukopenia | Low back pain
- M | Malposition of fetus, correction of | Morning sickness
- N | Nausea and vomiting | Neck pain
- P | Pain in dentistry (including dental pain and temporomandibular dysfunction) | Periarthritis of shoulder | Postoperative pain
- R | Renal colic | Rheumatoid arthritis
- S | Sciatica | Sprain | Stroke
- T | Tennis elbow
In addition, the WHO states that acupuncture has been shown to have a therapeutic effect on the following conditions or symptoms:
- A | Abdominal pain (in acute gastroenteritis or due to gastrointestinal spasm) | Acne vulgaris | Alcohol dependence and detoxification
- B | Bell’s palsy | Bronchial asthma
- C | Cancer pain | Cardiac neurosis | Cholecystitis, chronic, with acute exacerbation | Cholelithiasis | Competition stress syndrome | Craniocerebral injury, closed
- D | Diabetes mellitus, non-insulin-dependent
- E | Earache | Epidemic haemorrhagic fever | Epistaxis, simple (without generalized or local disease) | Eye pain due to subconjunctival injection
- F | Facial spasm | Female infertility | Female urethral syndrome | Fibromyalgia and fasciitis
- G | Gastrokinetic disturbance | Gouty arthritis
- H | Hepatitis B virus carrier status | Herpes zoster (human (alpha) herpesvirus 3) | Hyperlipaemia | Hypo-ovarianism
- I | Insomnia
- L | Labour pain | Lactation, deficiency
- M | Male sexual dysfunction, non-organic | Ménière disease
- N | Neuralgia, post-herpetic | Neurodermatitis
- O | Obesity | Opium, cocaine and heroin dependence | Osteoarthritis
- P | Pain due to endoscopic examination | Pain in thromboangiitis obliterans | Polycystic ovary syndrome (Stein-Leventhal syndrome) | Postextubation in children | Postoperative convalescence | Premenstrual syndrome | Prostatitis, chronic | Pruritus
- R | Radicular and pseudoradicular pain syndrome | Raynaud syndrome, primary | Recurrent lower urinary-tract infection | Reflex sympathetic dystrophyl | Retention of urine, traumatic
- S | Schizophrenia | Sialism, drug-induced | Sjögren syndrome | Sore throat (including tonsillitis) | Spine pain, acute | Stiff neck
- T | Temporomandibular joint dysfunction | Tietze syndrome | Tobacco dependence | Tourette syndrome
- U | Ulcerative colitis, chronic | Urolithiasis
- V | Vascular dementia
- W | Whooping cough (pertussis)
For a list of our treatment modalities, please visit our Treatments page.
For questions about our rates, hours of operation, etc., please visit our Rates & Hours page.
And if you are ready to schedule an appoint, just click on the “Book Online Now” button on the right side of the page, or call us today at (480) 463-4685.
We are excited and eager to get you feeling better right away!